Aug 9, 2023
Training Opportunity: Grant Writing Workshop Series
In partnership with the University of Montana Center for Children, Families and Workforce Development, Headwaters Foundation is pleased to offer a three-part online grant writing workshop series to grantee partners (past and present) and other Western Montana nonprofits.
The workshops are designed for all levels of experience, from first-time grant writers to those looking to improve their skills. Participants can take part in any or all of the sessions. Each workshop will consist of 45 minutes of presentation and questions followed by an optional 15 minutes of discussion. Slides and resources will be shared with participants following each session.
Session 1: Grant Writing Tips and Tricks: Thursday, August 24 from noon to 1pm MST
Strategies and advice for the process:
• Reviewing the opportunity
• Developing a budget
• Compiling attachments
• Building your case with data
• Writing the narrative
Session 2: Questions and Requirements: Thursday, September 7 from noon to 1pm MST
Working through real-world grant applications to develop:
• Compelling language for your mission and vision
• A succinct description of your project or program
• Budgets that match your project narrative
• Brief answers to complex questions
• Requests that relate directly to the funder’s mission and goals
Session 3: Workshopping Your Grant Application: Thursday, September 14 from noon to 1pm MST
Submit or bring questions about your own grant projects for discussion:
• Grant opportunities you are interested in, to talk through its fit for your project and how you can prepare to write
• Grants you are working on, to get feedback and ideas
• Grants previously submitted, to get ideas about how you could improve
To register for one or more of the sessions, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact Mary Collins at [email protected].