General operating grants for our most rural communities
Through this fund, Headwaters will offer grants up to $7,500 in general operating support for nonprofit organizations working in Western Montana’s most rural communities to promote healthy lives for children and families. To qualify for funding, an organization must primarily serve rural areas in our 15-county funding region* outside of the urban centers of Butte, Kalispell, Helena, or Missoula, serve families experiencing poverty or American Indian communities, and demonstrate that the bulk of their work is aligned with the following strategic focus areas:
- Family Resiliency (early childhood education & development, child welfare, family support)
- Food (food access, food security, access to foods that support healthy eating patterns)
- Housing (quality of housing, affordable housing, stable housing)
- Social Inclusion (civic participation, discrimination, incarceration, Indigenous traditional knowledge & culture)
- Mental Health (children’s mental health, maternal mental health (pre/post-natal), family mental health)
GO! Grants are now closed for the remainder of 2021. We are grateful for all of the amazing partnerships we have been able to make this year. Please check back in early January 2022 for additional GO! Grant funding opportunities. Reach out with any questions.
*Headwaters Foundation serves the 15 western-most counties in Montana: Lincoln, Flathead, Sanders, Lake, Mineral, Missoula, Powell, Lewis & Clark, Granite, Ravalli, Deer Lodge, Jefferson, Silver Bow, Beaverhead, Madison and the Flathead Reservation.