Headwaters Foundation is currently seeking western Montanans interested in joining the volunteer Board of Directors. Being a part of the Foundation’s Board is an opportunity to collectively assist in setting the agenda and priorities for an organization focused on innovation and systemic change to improve the health of communities in Western Montana. The Board is responsible for high-level strategic leadership and also carries a fiduciary responsibility for the Foundation’s nearly $100 million in assets. It is expected that Board Members devote the time necessary (minimum of 15-20 hours per month) to fulfill Board responsibilities and regularly attend meetings.
The Foundation is seeking candidates during the 2021 recruitment cycle who will complement the skills/experiences that already exist on the Board. As such, only candidates who fulfill two or more of the following will be prioritized at this time:
- Native American/Diversity – Candidates who would help the board more fully understand Native American communities will be prioritized. Further, candidates who identify as female, people of color, individuals within the LGBTQ+ community, and members of the disabled community are encouraged to apply.
- Rural perspective – To further enhance the perspectives on the board, we also strongly encourage individuals residing in the rural regions of our service area to apply.
- Philanthropy– Individuals who have worked in a foundation or grant-making organization as staff/board member, or people who have served in a senior development role requiring significant interactions with foundation partners.
- Public relations/communications – Individuals who have mobilized others to action through multi-channel communications and public relations activities.
- Food security/sovereignty– Candidates who have a deep understanding of or have participated in food security initiatives or Montana’s tribal food sovereignty movement to reclaim local food systems and health.
For more information or to make a referral, please contact our board search partner, Kristen Faust at firstname.lastname@example.org and review the full position description for application details.