As a foundation working to create a Western Montana where everyone is healthy and thriving, Headwaters Foundation is as committed as ever to the communities we serve and the hard working organizations pushing everyday to improve the lives of Montanans. Even with a volatile stock market and an unknowable economic situation, Headwaters will continue to support our grantees, their work and our long-term vision of systems change.
We are also committed to taking significant measures to do our part to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Montana. We believe it is our responsibility as community members and as a foundation focused on health and wellbeing to help flatten the curve of this virus.
As we move through these uncertain weeks, please be aware:
- As of Monday, March 16, the foundation office will be closed until further notice. Our staff members are working tirelessly, but remotely, and our business operations will continue uninterrupted. We have restricted all business travel, including in-state travel, but if you need us, call us.
- We’ll conduct all upcoming scheduled meetings using virtual platforms. We want to assure our grantees and partners that the elimination of in-person meetings will not affect current grant agreements or your organization’s ability to apply for funding.
- All Foundation meeting space reservations scheduled through the end of May will be canceled (and no new meetings will be scheduled for this period).
- We will make every effort to accommodate grantees who may have a delayed deliverable due to the current state of affairs. We’ll work with you to figure out a way forward. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- We are working in partnership with funders across the state and pulling together ways we can support the needs of Montanans in this trying time. Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.
- If there is any way we can be helpful to you, please get in touch as well. Call us. Email us. Let us know how we can help.
When we launched Headwaters Foundation, we promised to work side by side with Western Montanans to improve the health of our communities. And we’re here, by your side, as we all navigate this unprecedented global pandemic together.
All the best. Stay healthy,